General Information on Passport
Nepali passport (Machine Readable Passport or MRP) is valid for ten years from the date of issue. It is non-renewable; thereafter passport holders are required to apply for a new passport well within time before its expiry. However, in case of accidental damage or tampering of the passport or use of all pages meant for visa, one can apply for new passport any time.
As per the provision of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), all hand-written passports must be replaced with MRP by 24 November 2015 no matter how long it is valid. Therefore, all Nepalese nationals who hold hand-written passport should apply for MRP in the Embassy at the earliest convenience. The hand-written passport holders may apply for and obtain MRP in Nepal also while on vacation.
The Embassy of Nepal in Doha has recently started live-enrollment system for MRP applications. Hence, the applicants are not required to bring photo, MRP application form, and photocopies of documents. They can visit the Embassy within specified time along with his old Passport and Nepali Citizenship Card for applying for a new MRP. Nevertheless, MRP application form and photocopies of other documents are required as specified below in the case of minors.
Application Form for MRP
Fees for issuance of Passport/Temporary Passport/Travel Document
Passport fee QR 185/-
Passport fee in case of lost/damaged of old passport QR 370/-
Temporary Passport Fee R 80/-
One-way Travel Document (Valid for return to Nepal) QR 150/-
Required documents to apply for new passport (MRP) in lieu of old passport:
1. Printed MRP application form. (duly filled up application form through pre-enrollment)
2. Original Nepali Citizenship. Card (Photocopy, if the applicant already has an MRP)
3. Original Old Passport.
4. Original Qatari ID.
Required documents to apply for new passport (MRP) for the minor (under 16)
1. Duly filled up Passport forms. (Two Copies)
2. MRP Standard Size Photograph with white background. (Two Copies)
3. Original and Photocopy of Minor’s Identity Card in Case of Baby Born in Nepal & Birth Certificate in Case of Baby Born in Foreign Land
4. Documents Related to Minor’s Parents:
a. Original and Photocopy of Citizenship Cards. (One Copy Of Each)
b. Original and Photocopy of Nepalese Passport. (One Copy of Each)
c. Original and Photocopy of Marriage Certificate.
- Passport Fee QR 93/-
Required Documents to apply for new passport in lieu of lost/damaged passport
- Police report confirming about the loss of passport. (In case of damaged passport, police report is not required)
- The original Nepalese Citizenship Certificate. (Photocopy, if the applicant already has an MRP)
- photocopy old passport .
- Printed MRP application form. (duly filled up application form through pre-enrollment)
- Original Qatari ID Card.
Note: Applicant must be physically present in the Embassy while submitting application form and collecting the passport.
Time for submission of application forms and collection of passport:
The application forms for MRP can be submitted in the Embassy during the following hours
Submission of MRP applications forms:
Sunday – Thursday 09:00 am – 12:00 pm
Collection of MRP passports:
Sunday – Thursday 12:00 pm – 14:00 pm